JEJU RETAIL GENERAL MANAGER
Full time / Tapdong-ro 2-gil, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea / Retail
We need your leadership!
Magpie Brewing Company was founded by four friends just five years ago with one tiny corner bar; now we have four locations across the country and a brand new brewery in beautiful Jeju. We’re looking for an experienced leader with the skills to oversee the restaurant/bar operations at our location in Jeju City. Magpie Tapdong, even more-so than our two locations in Seoul (Itaewon and Hongdae), is the face of our brand to customers from all over the country as well as tourists visiting from all over Asia and the world. It’s the biggest of our retail locations so far and has grown the fastest. We’re looking for someone with retail management experience to help us grow it even bigger and better.
As the General Manager you will train and lead our restaurant staff to achieve clear objectives in sales, costing, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
The ideal candidate has a track record of strong leadership skills, restaurant or bar background, and a deep interest in the F&B industry. You will be integral to driving our retail group down in Jeju and growing our brand across Korea.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieving company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Reviewing financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Updating and reporting on COGS (products, inventory, purchasing & sales) along with petty cash logs & sales
- Monitoring budgets and payroll records.
- Organizing and directing worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance upon discussion with F&B Director.
- Continually striving to help staff develop their skills.
- Minimum 3 years management experience in F&B or a related industry.
- Interest in the craft beer industry
- Computer skills in Excel and/or accounting practices in general.
- Flexible, commensurate with experience
- National health insurance
- 15 days annual paid leave (+ 5 days mandatory holiday shutdown)
- Free beer every day
- Employee and “friends and family” discounts at all Magpie retail locations
- Monthly flexible spending benefits (e.g., gym membership, continued education)