BREWERY OPERATIONS MANAGER
양조장 관리팀 경력직
Full-time | Hoecheon-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea | Operations
Magpie Brewing Company is looking to hire a Brewery Operations Manager to join our production team on Jeju Island in South Korea.
Magpie began as one of the first craft breweries in South Korea six years ago. Currently, our head office and one of our retail shops are located in Seoul, while our brewery and second retail location are on Jeju Island.
We are a 15 BBL production brewery with 5 core beers, rotating seasonals and one offs. We are currently focusing on expanding our sour offerings and a regular barrel program, as well as including packaged cans and bottles to our distribution.
Magpie is growing quickly these days, as is the whole of the Korean craft beer market, and we need to bring in some additional talented staff. The right candidate will be detail oriented, have a passion for craft beer, a desire to learn and a work as a member of our production team. Must be able to understand and adhere to clean and safe work practices and have a positive attitude.
- Collaborate on all production activities and create schedules to meet sales forecasts and demands.
- Work with Finance and Logistics to create and monitor realistic budgets for beer production and forecast.
- Work with Logistics to ensure inventory levels are appropriate across warehouses.
- Oversee the purchasing and negotiations for materials, supplies, equipment for production.
- Assess equipment purchases and major expenditures to maximize benefit and minimize bottlenecks; seek appropriate level approval(s).
- Guarantee a safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in an optimal working environment and enforces adherence to safe work practices.
- Monitor and continuously improve brewing operations with regards to efficiency, cost reduction and profitability.
- Standardize procedures and ensure they are adhered to, improved upon where applicable and trained to for new hires/transfers.
- Evaluate operating results throughout the brewery to ensure that beer growth objectives are being met and makes sure that key metrics are communicated to the team.
- Maintain brewing areas to ensure operations comply with Company Quality, Sanitation and Safety standards.
- Work with Finance to review appropriate financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
- Hire, train and develop department staff
- Identify cost-saving initiatives (beer & material loss, brewing efficiencies, etc.) and develop corrective actions plans.
- Interface with the Korean FDA to prepare and submit required paperwork for new and existing products.
- Oversee facility maintenance and repairs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be fluent in Korean and proficient in English.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing facility; preferably a brewery, or a related food and beverage industry.
- Preferably, a Bachelor’s degree in food production, chemistry, biology, business, engineering.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Experience running a production line and proven ability to use best practice manufacturing techniques to improve a brewery.
- Excellent leadership skills, the ability to motivate a team and to maintain positive morale in the workplace.
- Personable, approachable and pleasant demeanour.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Physically fit and able to work in a demanding environment
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- National health insurance
- 15 days annual paid leave
- Free beer every day
- Employee and “friends and family” discounts at all Magpie retail locations
- Monthly flexible spending benefits (e.g., gym membership, continued education)
- Employee computer purchase subsidy program
- Island life
If you are interested in being a part of a young and fast growing industry, send your resume (preferably in PDF format) to email@example.com